Today's Current Affairs 07.06.2021
Is it important for aspirants to know Current Affairs (Today’s Current Affairs 07.06.2021)? Yes, of course aspirants needs to know Current Affairs.
When is “BIMSTEC Day” celebrated ?
A. 5 June
B. 6 June
C. 7 June
D. 8 June
- Answer : B. 6 June
- Explanation : BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) is a regional organization of seven member countries in the Bay of Bengal, five in South Asia (Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka) and two in Southeast Asia (Myanmar and Thailand).
- The presidency of BIMSTEC rotates among the member countries. Sri Lanka is the current chairman of BIMSTEC.
- Established : 6 June 1997
- Secretariat : Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Secretary General : Tenzin Lekphell
Which company plans to introduce world’s first CO2 neutral cement plant ?
B. China Resources Cement
- Answer : C. HeidelbergCement
- Explanation : HeidelbergCement, the world’s second-largest cement maker, plans to turn its Swedish factory in Slite into the world’s first CO2-neutral cement plant by 2030 via carbon capture technology. Following the planned retrofit, which will cost at least 100 million euros ($122 million), the plant will be able to capture up to 1.8 million tonnes of carbon dioxide per year.
- Capital : Stockholm
- Currency : krona
- Current PM : Stefan Lofven
Who won the International Booker 2021 prize ?
A. Stephanie Scott
B. David Diop
C. Beth Morrey
D. Douglas Stuart
- Answer : B. David Diop
- Explanation : David Diop has become the first French novelist to win the International Booker prize for translated fiction with At Night All Blood Is Black, his first novel translated into English.
- The International Booker Prize, formerly known as the Man Booker International Prize. It is a sister prize to the Booker Prize, awarded to a novel written in English.
- Started : 2005
- First Winner : Albanian writer Ismail Kadare
Nitin Rakesh and Jerry Wind won the “International Business Book of the Year Award 2021” for which book ?
A. Transformation in Times of Crisis
B. Radical Candor : Be a Kick-A** Boss Without Losing Your Humanity (2nd Edition)
C. The ONE Thing : The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
D. The Real Business of Blockchain
- Answer : A. Transformation in Times of Crisis
- Explanation : Nitin Rakesh and Jerry Wind won the International Business Book of the Year Award 2021 their book “Transformation in Times of Crisis”, published by Notion Press. Their book Transformation in Times of Crisis brings entrepreneurs and business owners the knowledge that can help their business thrive even in a crisis.
- Author Nitin Rakesh : CEO and Executive Director of IT major Mphasis
Which nation is on way to become ‘Largest Green Railways’ in world with Zero Carbon Emission ?
- Answer : A. India
- Explanation : Indian Railways (IR) is working in mission mode to become the largest Green Railways in the world and is moving towards becoming a “net zero carbon emitter” before 2030.
Who is the new National General Secretary of the All India Trinamool Congress ?
A. Subrata Bakshi
B. Perth Chatterjee
C. Saugata Roy
D. Abhishek Banerjee
- Answer : D. Abhishek Banerjee
- Explanation : In a major organisational reshuffle, the Trinamool Congress (TMC) on Saturday appointed MP Abhishek Banerjee as the party’s national general secretary. Abhishek Banerjee is the nephew of West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee.
AmbiTag is a unique IoT solution, has been launched by which institution ?
A. IIT Kanpur
B. IIT Madras
C. IIT Ropar
D. IIT Delhi
- Answer : C. IIT Ropar
- Explanation : The Indian Institute of Technology Ropar in Punjab has developed a first-of-its-kind Internet of Things device named ‘AmbiTag’ which can record real-time ambient temperature.
Which state government has started Ghar Ghar Aushadhi Yojana ?
C. Uttar Pradesh
- Answer : A. Rajasthan
- Explanation : The Rajasthan government to offer medicinal herbs saplings to residents under Ghar Ghar Aushadhi Yojana.
- Capital : Jaipur
- Chief Minister : Ashok Gehlot
- Governor : Kalraj Mishra
Which player has been awarded the Kiwi Cricketer of the year award ?
A. Devon Conway
B. Ken Williamson
C. Kyle Jamieson
D. Ross Taylor
- Answer : C. Kyle Jamieson
- Explanation : Kyle Jamieson has won the 2021 edition of the Players’ Cap, which is awarded to the player who has been voted by the New Zealand players and support staff as their ‘cricketer of the year’.
- Capital : Wellington
- Prime Minister : Jacinda Ardern
- Currency : New Zealand dollar
Who has been appointed as the Grievance Officer for India by WhatsApp ?
A. Paresh B Lal
B. John Brittas
C. Rahul Joshi
D. Shashi S. Vempati
- Answer : A. Paresh B Lal
- Explanation : The Facebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp has named Paresh B Lal as the Grievance Officer for India.
- Founded : February 24, 2009
- Founders : Jan Koum & Brian Acton
- Headquarters : California, United States
- CEO : Jan Koum
Balasubramanian Shyam has been appointed as the Indian Ambassador of which nation ?
- Answer : C. Iceland
- Explanation : B Shyam, presently the Consul General of India, Osaka-Kobe, Japan has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to the Republic of Iceland.
- Capital : Reykjavík
- Currency : Icelandic krona
- Prime Minister : Katrín Jakobsdottir
Who has been appointed as the first Chairman for the newly formed DMCRC by IBF ?
A. Nikkhil Advani
B. Mihir Rale
C. Tigmanshu Dhulia
D. Vikramjit Sen
- Answer : D. Vikramjit Sen
- Explanation : The Indian Broadcasting Foundation has appointed Justice Vikramjit Sen as the Chairman for the newly formed Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC).
Dr. Vinay K Nandicoori has been appointed as the Director at the CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology. Where is the CCMB located ?
D. New Delhi
Today's Current Affairs 07.06.2021
Is it important for aspirants to know Current Affairs (Today’s Current Affairs 07.06.2021)? Yes, of course aspirants needs to know Current Affairs. Apart from all types of interviews, are any Competitive Exam and Entrance Test (WBCS, Railway, Bank, SSC, PSC, UPSC, CAT, GATE, GRE, MAT etc.) conducted without Current Affairs questions? Of course not – almost all such exams have Current Affairs questions. But how to remember Current Affairs ? Mind it – Practice is the only way to remember Current Affairs. So read Regular Current Affairs on “JOB SITE INDIA” website and practice Current Affairs Quiz. And never forget to give “Today’s Current Affairs Mock Test.”
Today's Current Affairs 07.06.2021
Is it important for aspirants to know Current Affairs (Today’s Current Affairs 07z.06.2021)? Yes, of course aspirants needs to know Current Affairs. Apart from all types of interviews, are any Competitive Exam and Entrance Test (WBCS, Railway, Bank, SSC, PSC, UPSC, CAT, GATE, GRE, MAT etc.) conducted without Current Affairs questions? Of course not – almost all such exams have Current Affairs questions. But how to remember Current Affairs ? Mind it – Practice is the only way to remember Current Affairs. So read Regular Current Affairs on “JOB SITE INDIA” website and practice Current Affairs Quiz. And never forget to give “Today’s Current Affairs Mock Test.”