Is it important for aspirants to know GK (General Knowledge)? Yes, of course aspirants needs to know GK. Apart from all types of interviews, are any Competitive Exam and Entrance Test (Railway, Bank, SSC, PSC, UPSC, CAT, GATE, GRE, MAT etc.) conducted without General Knowledge (GK) questions? Of course not – almost all such exams have General Knowledge (GK) questions. But how to remember GK (General Knowledge)? Mind it – Practice is the only way to remember GK (General Knowledge). So read Regular GK (General Knowledge) on “JOB SITE INDIA” website and practice GK Quiz. And never forget to give “Mock Test of GKToday”.
General Knowledge : All Subjects
1. ‘Samaritan’ – Which of the following?
[C] Kind man
[D] Bad man
2. Who is the author of “A Passage to England”?
[A] N. C. Chowdhury
[B] Deepak Chopra
[C] L. K. Advani
[D] Anita Desai
3. What is the Endemic Plant?
[A] Those that grow in freshwater
[B] Those that grow in shady areas
[C] Those that grow on top of other plants
[D] Those that grow in a certain geographical area
4. Where did the Aryans first settle in India?
5. In which campaign did Pritilata Wadedar die?
[A] Chittagong Armory Loot
[B] Feni Expedition
[C] Carpool Expedition
[D] Pahartali European Club Attack
6. Which city is called ‘City of eternal peace’?
[A] New York
7. When is “Human Rights Day” celebrated?
[A] 10th March
[B] 10th July
[C] 10th September
[D] 10th December
8. Who was the Man of the Match in the 2019 Cricket World Cup Final?
[A] Joe Root
[B] Martin Guptill
[C] Ben Stokes
[D] Ken Williamson
9. Where will the weight of an object be the least?
[A] At the North Pole
[B] At the South Pole
[C] At the equator line
[D] At the center of the Earth
10. Which film won the Oscar Award for Best Film in 2019?
[A] Black Panther
[C] A Star Is Born
[D] Green Book
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 1 Quiz
11. Where is the famous hill station ‘Kodaikanal’ located?
[A] Nilgiri Hills
[B] Palani Hills
[C] Cardamom Hills
[D] Javadi Hills
- Answer : [B] Palani Hills
- Explanation : Kodaikanal Hill Station is located in the foothills of the Palani Hills in the Western Ghats at an altitude of about 2133 m in the state of Tamil Nadu. Kodaikanal is called ‘The Princess of the Hill Station’.
12. What does ‘out and out’ mean?
[A] lost completely
[B] to throw away
[C] far away
13. What is the name of the last king of the Harshank clan?
[B] Ajat Shatru
[C] Uday Bhadra
- Answer : [D] Nagadasaka
- Explanation : Nagadasaka was the king of Magadha from 435 to 413 BC. He killed his father Anuradha Munda and reigned twenty-four years. The people of Magadha deposed him and made Shishunaga king in his place. Shishnaga was the founder of Shishnaga Dynasty.
14. Which vitamin plays an effective role in normal blood clotting?
[A] Vitamin K
[B] Vitamin A
[C] Vitamin C
[D] Vitamin D
15. When is ‘Constitution Day’ celebrated in India?
[A] 26th January
[B] 26th November
[C] 15th August
[D] 14th April
16. Which nature of the conductor interferes with the conduction of electricity?
[B] Potential difference
[D] Electrical potential
17. Which city of India is known as the city of lock keys?
18. Aurangzeb was a good player of which instrument?
19. Who said ‘Veni, Vidi, Vici’?
[C] Carl Marx
[D] Julius Caesar
20. What is the approximate maximum weight of a golf ball according to the rules of golf?
[A] 20 g
[B] 25 g
[C] 40 g
[D] 45 g
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 2 Quiz
21. ‘Giddha and Bhangra’ are the folk dances of which Indian state?
[A] Himachal Pradesh
22. Which Indian President played a leading role in the formation of the “Indian Society of Labor Economics” (ISLE)?
[A] Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
[B] V. V. Giri
[C] Zakir Hossain
[D] Dr. Rajendra Prasad
23. Which is more needed for growing children?
[D] All of the above
24. Which Indian tennis player is a Hollywood filmmaker?
[A] Leander Page
[B] Mahesh Bhupathi
[C] Vijay Amritraj
[D] Ashok Amritraj
- Answer : [D] Ashok Amritraj
- Explanation : Indian tennis player Ashok Amritraj is a successful American film producer and has produced over a hundred films. On September 27, 2019, his film “Prey” was released.
25. Which element is an essential component of acid?
- Answer : [B] Hydrogen
- Explanation : According to the Arrhenius theory, acids produce only H + ions as cation in aqueous solutions. Acid is sour in taste. The acid turns the blue litmus paper red. Acid reacts with alkali to produce salt and water.
26. What does ‘crocodile tears’ mean?
[A] Expression of sorrow
[B] Tears of animal
[C] False tears
[D] Painful expression
27. In what year was Fort William College founded?
28. What is the full form of FTP in computer terminology?
[A] File Transfer Protocol
[B] File Transfer Position
[C] Final Transfer Position
[D] File Transfer Packet
- Answer : [A] File Transfer Protocol
- Explanation : File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to transfer computer files between clients and servers on a computer network.
29. Who is mentioned in the Allahabad Pillar Inscription by Harrison?
[C] Rajara Chola
30. Which is the middle level of Panchayati Raj system?
A. Zilla Parishad
B. Taluk Panchayat
C. Panchayat Samiti
D. Gram Panchayat
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 3 Quiz
31. Who was Titumir?
[A] Leader of the Wahhabi Movement
[B] Leader of the Faraji Movement
[C] Leader of the Sepoy Rebellion
[D] Leader of the Blue Rebellion
32. Which of the following is true in melting ice?
[A] Volume increases
[B] Mass decrease
[C] Volume decreases
[D] Mass increases
33. Where is Victoria Falls located?
34. Which tree bark contains medicine to reduce heart disease?
35. Which law was called ‘Black-Bill’?
[A] Rowlatt Act
[B] Pitt India Act
[C] The Regulating Act
[D] Indian Council Act
36. What is Buck-Minister Fullerene actually?
[A] Allotrope of carbon
[B] Allotrope of Boron
[C] Allotrope of Sulfur
[D] Allotrope of Fluorine
37. What does ‘wild goose chase’ mean?
[A] To go hunting
[B] To chase wild geese
[C] To go on a foolish, fruitless search
[D] To protect
38. Which of the following is called Brown Coal?
39. Which is the oldest stock market in Asia?
[A] Bombay Stock Exchange
[B] Hong Kong Stock Exchange
[C] Shanghai Stock Exchange
[D] Taiwan Stock Market
40. ‘Checkmate’ is associated with which of the following games?
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 4 Quiz
41. Which is the largest island in the world?
A. New Guinea
42. The temples of Khajuraho are built by which king?
43. Azlan Shah Cup is related to which sport?
44. ‘Garba’ is a dance of which Indian state?
45. ‘Meghdoot’ is written in what language?
46. Who was awarded Best Actress at the 66th National Film Awards 2019?
[A] Kangana Ranaut
[B] Surabhi Lakshmi
[D] Kirti Suresh
47. Which acid is released into the digestive tract of human body?
[A] Nitric acid
[B] Picric acid
[C] Hydrochloric acid
[D] Formic acid
48. What causes AIDS?
49. Who is called the father of the Internet?
[A] Steve Jobs
[B] Jap Hartsen
[C] John Korn
[D] Vint Surf
50. What will be the boiling point of water when a foreign substance is added to it?
[C] Remains the same
[D] Decreases first then increases
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 5 Quiz
A. According to the 82030′ E longitude line in Allahabad
B. According to the 82030′ E longitude line in Delhi
C. According to the 82030′ E longitude line in Kolkata
D. According to the 84000′ E longitude line at Nasi
52. What is the practical unit of Resistance?
53. Who is known as ‘The Springing Tiger’?
[A] Napoleon Bonaparte
[B] Mojibar Rahman
[C] Lala Lajpat Roy
[D] Subhash Chandra Bose
54. In which Indian state has the ‘Kanya Sumangala Yojana’ been launched?
B. Uttar Pradesh
- Answer : B. Uttar Pradesh
- Explanation : Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches Kanya Sumangala Yojana on October 25, 2019 to protect the education, health and financial security of every girl child in the state.
55. Who came to India during the reign of Chandragupta Maurya?
A. Fa Hien
B. Hiuen Tsang
56. ‘Back to vedas’ – who introduced this slogan?
A. Lala Hansraj
B. Pandit Gurudatta
C. Swami Dayananda Saraswati
D. Lala Lajpat Roy
57. ‘Bull-fighting’ is the National Games of which country?
58. What was the main reason for the boycott of the Simon Commission in 1927?
A. There was no Indian member in the commission
B. It supported the Muslim League
C. The Congress thought the Indians were entitled to Swaraj
D. None of these
59. When is ‘National Unity Day’ celebrated in India?
A. 25th September
B. 31st July
C. 25th October
D. 31st October
- Answer : D. 31st October
- Explanation : ‘National Unity Day’ is celebrated every year on October 31, the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. It was started by the Government of India in 2014.
60. ‘Dikasunya Bhattacharya’ is the pseudonym of which poet?
[A] Pramath Chowdhury
[B] Shankha Ghosh
[C] Sukant Bhattacharya
[D] Rabindranath Tagore
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 6 Quiz
61. Who is the author of the book ‘Ain-e-Akbari’?
B. Abul Fazal
C. Sheikh Mubarak
62. What is the name of the first newspaper published in India?
A. Bengal Gazette
B. India Gazette
C. Madras Courier
D. Bombay Herald
63. What is computer program error called?
64. The highest peak of India, K2 is known as –
C. Godwin Austin
D. Nanda Devi
A. Sodium nitrate
B. Dilute acetic acid
C. Chloride of lime
D. Calcium oxide
66. Which player has scored the most centuries in ODI cricket?
A. Ricky Ponting
B Virat Kohli
C. Jacques Kallis
D. Sachin Tendulkar
67. Which of the following is ‘Cotopaxi’?
A. A lake
B. Active volcano
C. A forest
D. A desert
- Answer : B. Active volcano
- Explanation : Cotopaxi is an active stratovolcano in the Andes Mountains, located in the Latacunga canton of Cotopaxi Province, about 50 km (31 mi) south of Quito, and 33 km (21 mi) northeast of the city of Latacunga, Ecuador, in South America.
68. What is ‘disease’ due to lack of ‘vitamin D’?
A. Night blindness
D. Hair loss
- Answer : C. Ricketts
- Explanation : Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in very few foods. It is also produced endogenously when ultraviolet rays from sunlight strike the skin and trigger vitamin D synthesis.
69. “A thing of beauty is a joy forever” – Whose quote is this?
A. Alfred Tennyson
B. John Keats
70. ‘Santiago’ – the capital of which country?
B. Trinidad and Tobago
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 7 Quiz
71. Where is the lake superior located?
A. North America
B. South Africa
- Answer : A. North America
- Explanation : Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes of North America, is also the world’s largest freshwater lake by surface area, and the third largest freshwater lake by volume. It is shared by the Canadian province of Ontario to the north, the U.S. state of Minnesota to the west, and Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to the south.
72. Green glands are excretory organs of which organism?
73. Which of the following is a shawl tree?
- Answer : D. Deciduous
- Explanation : Deciduous trees are trees that drop their leaves for part of the year. They are found in temperate and tropical climates all over the world. Deciduous trees have broad flat leaves that catch a lot of light and require a great amount of water.
74. Which of the following is TNT?
A. Chemical fertilizers
D. Algae withholding
- Answer : B. Explosives
- Explanation : Trinitrotoluene (TNT), or more specifically 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene, is a chemical compound with the formula C6H2(NO2)3CH3. This yellow solid is sometimes used as a reagent in chemical synthesis, but it is best known as an explosive material with convenient handling properties.
75. What is the real name of Sher Shah?
A. Sher Khan
B. Azam Khan
C. Farid Khan
D. Farid Shah
- Answer : C. Farid Khan
- Explanation : Sher Shah Suri (1486 – 22 May 1545), born Farīd Khān, was the founder of the Suri Empire in the northern part of the Indian subcontinent, with its capital in Sasaram in modern-day Bihar. He introduced the currency of rupee. An ethnic Pashtun, Sher Shah took control of the Mughal Empire in 1538.
76. Who is the highest goal scorer in World Cup football?
A. Grade Müller
D. Miroslav Klose
77. Who is the winner of ‘Miss World – 2019’?
A. Stephanie Dale Valley
B. Toni-Ann Singh
C. Mansi Chiller
D. Vanessa Ponce
- Answer : B. Toni-Ann Singh
- Explanation : Miss World 2019, the 69th edition of the Miss World pageant, was held on December 14, 2019 at the ExceL London in London, United Kingdom. Vanessa Ponce of Mexico crowned her successor Toni-Ann Singh of Jamaica by the end of the event.
78. Who is the first chairperson of Central Film Censor Board of India?
A. Prasan Joshi
B. C S Aggarwal
C. Pahalaz Nihalani
D. Leela Samson
79. “Park Lane” – Who is the author of the book?
[A] Francis Osborne
[B] Raj Thapa
[C] Amrita Pritam
[D] Adam Smith
80. Light year is a unit of which physical quantity?
B. Light intensity
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 8 Quiz
81. In what year was Sikkim declared a full-fledged state of India?
- Answer : B. 1975
- Explanation : On 16 May 1975, Sikkim became the 22nd state of the Indian Union, and the monarchy was abolished. To enable the incorporation of the new state, the Indian Parliament amended the Indian Constitution.
82. Which country has won the most football World Cups?
- Answer : A. Brazil
- Explanation : Brazil has won the most world cups, with a total of 5. Following Brazil are Germany and Italy, with 4 wins each. Following these are Argentina, Uruguay, and France with 2 wins each. England and Spain have both won once, placing them amongst the top performing teams at the World Cup.
83. Who founded the ‘Indian Independence League’?
A. Balagodadhar Tilak
B. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
C. C R Das
D. Ras Bihari Basu
- Answer : D. Ras Bihari Basu
- Explanation : The Indian Independence League (also known as IIL) was a political organisation operated from the 1920s to the 1940s to organise those living outside India into seeking the removal of British colonial rule over India. Founded in 1928 by Indian nationalists.a
84. What is the special day celebrated by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) every year on 5th December?
A. World Soil Day
B. World Health Day
C. World Irrigation Day
D. World Hunger Prevention Day
85. What is the full form of ‘RADAR’?
A. Radio Detection and Ranging
B. Ready Advance Appliance for Ranging
C. Range Detection Appliance for Airplane Ranging
D. Ready Advanced Airplane Ranging
86. Why is red light used as a danger signal?
A. Blood color is red
B. Red light is scattered the least by air molecules
C. Red color is readily available
D. Red color is pleasing to the eye
- Answer : B. Red light is scattered the least by air molecules
- Explanation : Red light is scattered the least by air molecules. The effect of scattering is inversely related to the fourth power of the wavelength of a color. So red light is able to travel the longest distance through fog, rain, and the alike.
87. Where is the first mineral oil discovered in India?
A. Surma Valley
88. What does ‘call up’ mean?
89. Who won the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize?
A. Abiy Ahmed
B. Nadia Murad
C. Juan Manuel Santos
D. Dennis Mookways
- Answer : A. Abiy Ahmed
- Explanation : The 2019 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia Abiy Ahmed Ali “for his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation, and in particular for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighboring Eritrea.
90. What is the name of the heart rate measuring device?
- Answer : D. Electrocardiograph
- Explanation : An electrocardiograph (ECG) records the electrical activity of your heart. The ECG machine detects tiny electrical signals that make your heart pump blood around your body.
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 9 Quiz
91. What is the current name of Burma?
- Answer : B. Myanmar
- Explanation : The ruling military junta changed its name from Burma to Myanmar in 1989, a year after thousands were killed in the suppression of a popular uprising. Rangoon also became Yangon.
92. Who is the author of ‘Argumentative Indian: Writings on Indian History, Culture and Identity’?
A. Nirad C. Chowdhury
B. Amit Chowdhury
C. Amartya Sen
D. Arundhati Roy
93. Who is the proponent of natural selection theory?
A. G. J. Mendel
B. Charles Darwin
C. T. H. Morgan
D. D. Lamarck
- Answer : B. Charles Darwin
- Explanation : Natural selection is the differential survival and reproduction of individuals due to differences in phenotype. It is a key mechanism of evolution, the change in the heritable traits characteristic of a population over generations.
94. “Swaraj is my birthright” – who said that?
A. Balgangadhar Tilak
B. Bipinchandra Pal
C. Lala Lajpat Roy
D. Mahatma Gandhi
- Answer : A. Balgangadhar Tilak
- Explanation : Tilak coined the famous slogan “Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it”, which inspired lakhs to participate in the Indian freedom movement.
95. Which of the following options will we use to save a file?
A. CTRL + V
B. CTRL + P
C. CTRL + Z
D. CTRL + S
96. Which of the following is aluminum ore?
- Answer : D. Bauxite
- Explanation : Bauxite is a rock formed from a reddish clay material called laterite soil and is most commonly found in tropical or subtropical regions. Bauxite is primarily comprised of aluminum oxide compounds (alumina), silica, iron oxides and titanium dioxide.
97. Which Article of the Indian Constitution contains the provisions of national emergency?
A. Article 260
B. Article 312
C. Article 352
D. Article 350
- Answer : C. Article 352
- Explanation : This article as enacted by the Constituent Assembly of India provides the president with powers to declare a state of emergency in the nation if he/she is satisfied that the stability and integrity of India is threatened by either external aggression or armed rebellion.
98. Who won the men’s singles title in US – 2019 Open Tennis?
A. Rafael Nadal
B. Novak Djokovic
C. Roger Federer
D. Daniil Medvedev
- Answer : A. Rafael Nadal
- Explanation : Rafael Nadal won his 19th Grand Slam title and 4th US Open title, by defeating Daniil Medvedev, 7–5, 6–3, 5–7, 4–6, 6–4 to capture the Men’s Singles tennis title at the 2019 US Open.
99. What does ‘dark horse’ mean?
D. Possessing a secret ability
100. The Green Revolution was limited to which of the following?
A. Rice cultivation in West Bengal
B. Cotton cultivation in Maharashtra
C. Cultivation of wheat in Punjab-Haryana
D. Cultivation of oilseed in Andhra Pradesh
Click for General Knowledge (GK) : All Subjects – 10 Quiz
Click on the “Download PDF” button to download PDF of GK (General Knowledge) Question-Answers .
To know GK, Current Affairs, Job News, Job Test Result and Download Admit Card, you must Install Android App on “JOB SITE INDIA” Website